About Michael Kerr
I'm the Founder of www.kerrcapital.com.au which provides advice and services to help:
- Existing small business owners sell their businesses on their terms and in their timeframe, and
- Aspiring small business owners buy the right business on the right terms.
In this role I have the privilege of having hundreds of conversations a year with small business owners about;
- Why they got into business,
- What drives them,
- What keeps them awake at night,
- The up's and down's,
- The pressure, the rewards, and so on ...
Prior to founding Kerr Capital in 2002 I had a diverse range of roles at;
- Freeonline (a startup ISP, as both Head of Business Development and CEO)
- National Australia Bank (Senior Business Banker)
- Brick Securities (Business Development in this Funds Management Company)
- Ernst & Young (Accountant)
- Dr. Dog (co-founder of one of Melbourne's first food trucks - see below)
My formal education comprises a B.Comm (University of Melbourne) and an MBA (Melbourne Business School).
But my richest experiences and real education have come from my ongoing, day to day interactions with small business owners and advisors.